Sunday, August 10, 2008

It's been a while since I last checked in. I've been caught up in a whirlwind of the new school year starting and trying to stay afloat as I learn a new grade level curriculum, a new school, and getting to know my students. It's been a great way to distract myself from the whole baby quest, but I know the level of stress I've been under probably doesn't help either.

I've been noticing that ever since the IVF and subsequent IUIs we've done, I've been gaining weight. It's a little disheartening considering I haven't been eating like a pig and there's no good reason (a little one) that could be causing this. Could this be a "growing" side effect of all the medications I flooded my system with since the end of March preparing for IVF and now the Metformin I've been on for the past 2 months? I'm a little confused since I've read so much about women losing weight on Metformin, not gaining weight. I hope that doesn't mean that something is wrong. Maybe I'm not taking a high enough dosage for it to make me lose weight.

The one good thing I have to say is that this cycle seems to be a little more normal. Today is day 25 which is already 7 days longer than last cycle. Always need to focus on the positive right? And since I'm so sick of gaining weight, not fitting into old clothes or new clothes (I'm in between sizes...lovely), I've decided to stop whining about it and do something. So instead of having Ryan pick me up from work everyday, I'll walk home 4 times a week and do one of my exercise videos on Saturdays and Sundays. I'm hoping this will make the difference....

2 comments:

Evergreen said...

I'm glad this is a more normal cycle for you. Enjoy your walk home -- that's a great way to get some exercise, and I find it really helps quiet down my mind.

poppy.f.seed said...

the weight gain is the worst. I think it could be a combo of the meds, and (if you are like me) reducing activity b/c you've been told not to exercise too much.
The walks home sound like a great plan, way to motivate!