Saturday, April 18, 2009

Three Months

Today was my second visit with my acupuncturist and I'm happy that I felt much better than the first visit. I think I'm getting used to the treatment and I've experienced a difference in the way I feel, so the discomfort was worth it. Since my last visit, I've been following her recommendations of staying away from dairy products and drinking the PMS herbal tea twice a day. Because of this, I haven't experienced breast tenderness or been retaining water as much as I normally would prior to AF showing.
We started the session with discussing changes that I've experienced or not experienced, concerns, and our conception plans. She suggested that we take a three month break from trying so that she could help get my body balanced. She feels that this will give us a better chance of conceiving. We've waited this long to have a family. Three months won't be that bad.
Like the last session, she started with the abdominal massage which wasn't as uncomfortable as last week, and acupuncture w/moxibustion. Because I complained about my allergies, she also massaged some oil into my breastbone area and told me to continue doing this at home to help with building up my immunity. What was pretty interesting was after she removed one of the needles from my left inner calf, I felt a weird sensation in the area and then on the left side of my abdomen. I asked her if those two areas were linked and she said they were. I also felt some movement in my abdomen as I lay resting with the needles inserted. Altogether I counted 20 needles - 4 in each ear, 1 on the top side of each hand between my thumb and forefinger, 2 on the top of my left foot, 1 between my eyebrows, 2 on each inner calf, 3 on my abdomen.
Since AF started this morning, she said I could stop drinking the tea. She explained that although my tongue looked a little better this week, my pulse is weak, and I have a lot of stagnation, so we need to build up my immunity and chi. She sent me home with a bottle of chinese herbs - Women's Precious Teapills "Nu Ke Ba Zhen Wan" to take. I'm supposed to take 8 pills, 3 times a day. I thought it was a lot, but they look like tiny bb's or beads that are easy to swallow, so it's not so bad. I looked them up on-line and realized that all the things I've experienced for a long time and complained about are supposed to be addressed with this herb mixture. I'm hopeful it works and brings me back to some kind of normal again.

No comments: