Sunday, June 13, 2010

Heartbroken

Yesterday dh and I were devastated to find out the demise of our surprise pregnancy. We were so hopeful about seeing growth and a heartbeat at my second u/s. Instead, at first glance all I saw was an empty gestational sac. When the RE enlarged that view on the u/s monitor, we saw no change from the last u/s a week prior. The baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks, 1 day. Deep down I had feared this since I had all those days of spotting and no morning sickness, but I had hoped and prayed that my fears were just me being overly anxious. Amazingly for some reason, I was fine when we learned the news and all throughout yesterday I was okay. No tears, no feeling of sadness, no anger, nothing. It all hit me this morning when I woke up. Although the tears and sadness hadn't emerged full blown yet, it continued to build until we got home late this morning. Dh hugged me and I just crumbled. There are so many mixed emotions - anger, disappointment, guilt, sadness, devastation, and fear. Before we left the RE's office, she had presented us with three options 1)stop the progesterone and let nature take it's course; 2)stop the progesterone and take a pill that causes miscarriages to help my body miscarry completely; or, 3)do a D & C. In all my numbness yesterday, I told her that I would just stop the progesterone and see what happened on its own. But I worry, what if my body doesn't miscarry completely on its own. The last time I miscarried 9 years ago, my ob didn't give me any other option other than to do a D & C. I'm not sure what to do. Should I just do a D & C?

2 comments:

poppy.f.seed said...

I am so so sorry!!!
My RE didn't want to do a D&C on me, since we wanted to try again, and she said it can delay your uterus healing. I'd wait, if you can. Hugs.

babyplease said...

Poppy,
Thank you for the hugs.