Monday, June 28, 2010

Back on the road...together

Dh and I have recommitted ourselves to our journey toward parenthood. I took a hpt this morning and it was negative which means my hcg is below 25. So I am no longer considered pregnant and we can get back on the road of ttc.
This past pregnancy felt different than my pregnancy 9 years ago and the entire 10 1/2 years of this journey. The difference was that we were truly in it together. I could feel dh's commitment to this in the way he took the initiative to educate himself, and the emotional and physical support he provided during the 2 months of my pregnancy and the loss of our baby. I couldn't have survived the loss this time around without him. I want it to continue to be this way so I suggested he read more about acupuncture and the suggestions that my acupuncturist has given about diet and exercise. He was reluctant at first but once he started to read, he is supporting me especially when it comes to what I can and cannot eat just like he did when I was pregnant.
I've made an appointment with my acupuncturist for Thursday and have started taking the herbs I already had at home from my previous treatments. I started doing moxa twice a day and began taking the Imperial Tonic (4 capsules 3x/day) on Saturday. Yesterday, I began drinking Red Raspberry Leaf Tea which she said I can drink throughout my cycle. I usually drink it after doing the moxa. Tomorrow I will begin taking Ba Zhen Tang (2 caplets 3x/day) until I run out on Wednesday. Beginning Thursday, I will take Xiao Yao San (3 caplets 3x/day).
The goal is to help me heal emotionally and physically as well as to get my hormones balanced again. I'm a little disappointed that she's suggested we wait 3 months before ttc again, but maybe if I had listened to her the last time, we wouldn't have suffered this loss. The last time I saw her in early April, I mentioned that I was going to see a RE about doing another IVF cycle this summer. She really suggested that we wait a little while longer - at least until the end of this year to make sure that my body was strong enough to endure the meds and sustain a pregnancy. The first IVF in 2008 had really zapped my body and made it very unbalanced. Looking back, perhaps she was right. With school beginning at the end of July, it's not feasible for us to do any kind of fertility treatments until next summer, so I'm hoping after the 3 month wait that we will get pregnant and I'll be strong enough to sustain the pregnancy.

1 comment:

poppy.f.seed said...

I am glad to hear you two are together in this, it makes such a difference. Good luck with the acu treatments!!