Thursday, July 7, 2011

Not So Fast!

I had my SIS (saline sonogram) today. It was agony sitting in the waiting room. They asked to me to come with a full bladder. I arrived 10 minutes before my appointment time and had to wait nearly an hour before they did the procedure. So uncomfortable holding a full bladder, with a speculum, 2 catheters, the ultrasound wand, and then the regular ultrasound probe pressed down on my abdomen. Thankfully, it was over within 10 minutes.
The SIS itself wasn't as bad as I anticipated. Much less discomfort than the HSG. The main thing is that there were no fibroids, cysts, or anything irregular with my uterus. I just heard him make the comment that there's not much room in there. Hmmm..
He measured my ovaries and checked on my follicles. I have two follicles, one on each side that are larger than the rest. They're hoping that they don't turn into lead follicles, which may mean a postponement. The original dosage of Lupron was 5 ml but because of those two big follicles, the dosage was increased to 10 ml and a hope and a prayer that they don't grow anymore without being stimulated. Keeping our fingers and toes crossed.

No comments: