Thursday, June 19, 2008

The 2 Week Wait

Well, yesterday by far was the worst that I have felt in comparison to all the medicated cycles I've been through in the past 8 years. I woke up yesterday morning feeling really hungry but really nauseated if that's even possible. I didn't think so until yesterday. I tried throwing up hoping it would alleviate the nausea, but no dice. All I did was dry heave several times over the course of a couple of hours. Poor Ryan. I had hoped and planned to make him pancakes for breakfast provided I wasn't nauseous. Of course things didn't go as planned and he had to settle for Honey Nut Cheerios. I tried eating a little cereal myself, but it only made me feel worse. After waiting an hour, I remembered that dry toast is supposed to be good for an upset or nauseous stomach. So I tried it and managed to finish it, hold it down, and eat another one right after. As the day progressed, I felt better. I still felt nauseous throughout the day and evening, but as long as I ate or drank something, the nausea passed.

I finally caved and called Loreen to ask for a prescription for the extended release Metformin. She advised me to take it once a day for 8 days and then twice a day thereafter just to see how my body reacts to it. So I decided to just take one regular Metformin yesterday instead of two, and then just start the extended release today. My little science experiment proved that the Metformin was causing my headaches and nausea because this morning I felt great. I woke up early and starving. So I decided to make Ryan pancakes this morning. No nausea or headache. Heaven. I was able to go about my day and get a lot done.

The 2 week wait is going by pretty quickly. It'll be one week tomorrow since the first IUI. Just one more week to go. Symptoms...some yellow discharge the past couple of days, fatigue (which could be due to the Metformin), and breast tenderness this afternoon. Other than that, nothing else to report. Still keeping our fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sucks. Glad the new meds are working. When I took my trigger shot last cycle I was so sick that I had to leave work early. Other than some Lupron headaches and numb arms/legs I came out relatively unscathed.

One more week until your news!!!