Thursday, June 12, 2008

Triggering...

I didn't feel so well today. I'm not sure if it was because I went to sleep very late last night and the past week's non-stop moving in caught up with me, or if it was the Metformin, or maybe a combination of both. I was very tired, had a slight headache, and felt nauseated for most of the morning. I didn't think I was going to make it to my appointment with Dr. C this afternoon judging by the way I was feeling this morning. Surprisingly after taking a very short nap and eating lunch I felt better.

My ultrasound went well. I have one nice big follicle measuring at 21mm, so he said it looks like I'm ready for an IUI tomorrow. So Loreen administered the hcg trigger shot and I go back in tomorrow at 11am. I asked him if we were just doing one or two IUIs this cycle and he said we can do one more on Saturday. I'm hoping and praying that the combination of Femara, Metformin and back to back IUI's does the trick. I was a little concerned about doing the IUI so soon after the trigger shot. But thinking about the recent IUIs we did, maybe this might be better. We had done the IUIs after more time had passed. Maybe we missed it all those times and this time we'll catch it earlier. Just like after the IVF, I'm planning on staying horizontal for the next couple of days to give my egg and Ryan's swimmers as much of a chance as possible to meet up and get cozy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... you're back in the race! I've been mostly avoiding blogs for the past few weeks, and had no idea you were trying again. I hope it works out!!!

babyplease said...

If you had asked me 2 weeks ago if I thought we would even be thinking of trying again I would've said no way. After talking to my dr., we decided to try again..at least with IUI. Thank you for the positive thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you just have to get right back up on that horse! : )

babyplease said...

You're right. I'm back in the saddle again. ;)