Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Pre-Healing

I think I'm floating in the "pre-healing" stage after our first failed IVF. I don't quite think I've started the healing process only because I'm avoiding it..for now until I get home. In the meantime, I've been trying to keep myself busy researching other options for us to pursue besides conventional fertility treatments. What have I done so far?
1. Began doing yoga again (it feels really good and I think it brought on AF)
2. Ordered Randine Lewis' book The Infertility Cure (looking for some
alternative therapies that might work better for than conventional ones)
3. Began looking for acupuncturists/chiropractors/oriental medicine doctors that
practice in our area (I think I may have found one that specializes in women's
wellness and immune disorders which covers me)

I was just telling Ryan this morning that I've been reading up on feng shui for fertility. We're big on feng shui and have implemented it in our homes. Over the course of at least 3 years, we've been adding to our collection of feng shui "cures" to help us conceive. It's so funny. I remember we were a little scared when we bought our first one because of the success stories the salesperson told us. We placed it in the west part of our home and waited. Nothing. So we bought more pieces and added it to the west part of our homes. Still nothing. Then just last night I discovered a forum for feng shui and learned that instead of putting it in the west part of the house, we should be putting it in my "total loss" direction which is in the south. This kind of makes sense because all of the pieces we bought are essentially "cures", so why would we place it in an area that doesn't need to be cured. I think since we have so many, we'll probably try putting some in the south and some in the west just to cover both areas. We'll see what happens.

Last week Thursday was the last dose of progesterone in oil and estrogen. Loreen told me I should expect AF within a few days. I was getting a little worried when all I was seeing was a little brown clear discharge and no cramping like I was experiencing earlier or during previous cycles. After doing a session of yoga yesterday morning, I started to feel some cramping and by late last night AF finally arrived. This morning she's here in full force which is not normal for me, but I guess that's what happens after stopping the progesterone and estrogen. I'm hoping it's flushing out my system well so we can start trying again more successfully.

2 comments:

Lynda said...

This is such a fantastic idea. It makes sense that if you're having troubles with yoru fertility energy that you check the energy of yoru environment to see if it's in balance. I'm going to tell a certain friend of mine to check out your Feng Shui advice.

poppy.f.seed said...

I was just deciding, last night, that I needed to really clean/clear our bedroom. Funny.
I am curious, what is the 'cure'?

Glad you are doing yoga and finding ways to cope.