Sunday, June 29, 2008

No Such Luck

Well, AF arrived this morning. So that tells me that although the Femara/Metformin and double IUI combination didn't work this cycle, the Metformin did help to lengthen my LP and prevented me from experiencing pre-AF spotting like I normally do. Always need to look on the bright side. Another positive is that I can carry and lift normally in comparison to if I was pregnant which will be helpful as I get ready for the new school year to start. I can get my classroom ready without worrying if I'm overdoing it.

Ryan just moved my workout equipment into the house so that's my cue to start working out. Over the past few months I've really gained some weight and it's making me a little depressed (I know pretty shallow) because I feel sluggish and can't fit into my clothes. If this cycle had turned out positive of course gaining weight and feeling like crap would've all been worth it.

I'm on day 11 of Metformin extended release and 2 days into the increased dosage from 500mg to 1000mg. I have to admit I think I've felt more side effects quicker with this form than with the regular Metformin. Maybe it could be my diet and lack of exercise that is probably adding to the crappy way I've been feeling. I haven't exactly been an angel as far as watching what I've been eating.

So it looks like today marks the start of a new beginning to take better care of myself especially since we've finally settled into our new home, and we're both starting off new jobs. Maybe this is the fresh start we've been looking for to kick everything off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry things didn't work out. You seem like you're taking it really well! I didn't realize you'd been doing treatments for 8 years.

This next IVF we're doing seems easier if only because I know what to expect...and my expectations are lower.