Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Beginning

At today's appointment, we did an ultrasound to check the antral follicle count. There were 9-10 on my right ovary and 7-8 on my left ovary. I asked about the results of the SA and the count went up to 90 million (yay!), however the morphology was borderline low at 6%. So I asked about doing ICSI since the morphology was low. He said that they will probably do some naturally and some with ICSI just to make sure we get some fertilized eggs.
After my ultrasound, I met with Loreen to get my first injections lesson. It was a little overwhelming to remember the steps. Thankfully, I have a step by step cheat sheet just in case I need a refresher. Beginning Friday we both need to take Doxycycline for 7 days and I need to start giving myself Lupron shots and taking Dexamethasone.

So the beginning of the rollercoaster ride begins for us this Friday. It's kind of bittersweet because I'm happy about progressing and beginning the treatment, but at the same time I'm not looking forward to giving myself daily injections and experiencing all those lovely side effects. But if I look at the big picture, all this will be worth it when we finally have our baby or babies in our arms.

1 comment:

Amy Jensen said...

I saw your blog link on the Ovusoft forums. Good luck - I'll be following your journey!

-Amy
amy.staypuppy.com