Monday, April 28, 2008

So Much Better

Today's Lupron injection went so much bettter. No pain, just a spec of blood, and it didn't ooze out. I iced up as usual, kept the ice pack on for a longer period of time like Friday, and then removed the needle from the bottle to bang the syringe against the desk and then with a pen. I think I was so irritated with the bubbles the past few days and by the time I got them out the needle was a little bent and I was tense. This morning the needle was straight, I reminded myself to relax and didn't squeeze my thigh as tightly. Hopefully that's the trick!
This afternoon I was very tired. I actually felt winded while walking up a small hill during my daily walk. How pathetic. I wonder if this is a side effect starting to kick in. Then late this afternoon after taking my last dose of doxycycline for the day, I started feeling really nauseous. Ugh!! I guess it's great preparation for when we finally get our bfp!

2 comments:

Amy Jensen said...

I hit my syringes with a pen I keep by my IVF calendar. It was hurting my finger too much to keep flicking it. And I definitely think it hurts a bit when the needle is bent.

It continues to get easier as time goes on. You'll be an old pro before you know it!

babyplease said...

You're right. It does seem to get easier with time. I remember how anxious and afraid I was thinking about giving myself shots. Now it's no big deal. Well, we'll see how I do with the stim shots in my tummy. I heard those hurt more.