Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Little Traumatized

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. The first day of Lupron on Friday went so well. Yesterday's injection didn't go as smoothly. I had a difficult time getting those darn bubbles out of the syringe and then it was difficult to push the needle into my thigh. After the injection, it bled a little but only for a few minutes. Then the area felt a little bruised and tender. I had the same experience with today's injection only in addition, a little bit of the Lupron oozed out when I pulled out the needle, the injection stung going in, and bled a little (not as bad as yesterday). The area is now a little itchy and there's a raised bump. I need to figure out what I did Friday so that it doesn't continue this way. I'm thinking I'm pinching the area a little too hard compared to Friday and maybe pulling out the needle too soon after I push the plunger all the way down.
As for side effects, hot flashes throughout the day, fatigue, irritability (could've been caused by the fatigue), and bloating. Not bad. I thought the side effects would have been worse. I can deal with this. We'll see how well things go with tomorrow's lovely injection.

No comments: