Friday, April 25, 2008

The First Day of Shots

I did it! I did it! Giving myself the first dose of Lupron this morning was sort of surreal. I guess it was probably because I was numb from the ice pack I put on my thigh before I gave myself the shot. Although it numbed the area, it was difficult to determine if the alcohol had dried, so I waited a little while just to be sure. Happily, I didn't feel a thing. The area turned into a little pink bump, but went away.



No side effects yet. Hopefully there won't be any.

2 comments:

Amy Jensen said...

You may want to try without the ice. I was surprised to find out that I didn't feel the Lupron needle _at all_. For me, I think dealing with the coldness of the ice would be way worse then the needle prick.

babyplease said...

Thank you for the advice. I think I'll try that since the past two days with ice haven't worked like it did on the first day.