Friday, May 16, 2008

Babies in the Pool

Last night was a definite adventure. I started to really swell up by 8:00. You could see it in my face and body. I felt so uncomfortable. Even though I had been drinking that yummy (sarcastic) V8 juice, water and apple juice throughout the day, I hadn't really been using the bathroom. I either didn't need to or couldn't tell my bladder was full because of the pressure and cramping from the procedure and the bloating from the hcg trigger shot. By 11:00 last night, I was getting up every 1-2 hours to use the bathroom. We're not talking little trickles either...more like a waterfall. I think I must've woke up about 6-7 times throughout the night. Talk about a sleepless night. The one positive thing though is that I woke up not feeling or looking swollen.

Loreen called about an hour ago with our fertility report. She said out of the 15 eggs retrieved, 14 were mature and ICSI'd. Out of the 14 eggs, 11 fertilized. She said they were pleased with the results and dr. said the fertilized eggs look like they're doing well so we may be able to go to a 5-day transfer with some left to freeze. We'll be keeping in touch over the next few days to see what the plan for transfer will be. So for now we are the proud parents to 11 babies who are just living it up swimming in their heated pool. Grow babies grow!

In the meantime, I've been instructed to follow the instructions given yesterday no matter when the transfer will be scheduled. She also asked me to take my weight and waist measurements daily I guess so they can monitor me too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you make it to a 5-day transfer. We were told that if they make it to 5-day they are very hearty and much more likely to implant.

poppy.f.seed said...

I'm glad they are keeping track of you. So, 5 day transfer? Good luck!!!