Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Human Being or Balloon?

This is the question that's been running through my head today as I watched my trunk/abdomen area continue to balloon. As the day progressed, I could feel the effects of the hcg trigger shot. By early this afternoon, I noticed that my legs felt pretty tight (edema) and it has been uncomfortable especially when walking around. I basically feel like I'm waddling around like a duck to compensate for my swelling ovaries.
At this point we are about 13 hours away from egg retrieval. I'm nervous but excited to complete the next hurdle. I'll be picking up Ryan from the airport in a couple of hours and then we're off to eat my last meal before midnight. We did this before my laparascopy 7 years ago. So I guess we're continuing a tradition.

2 comments:

poppy.f.seed said...

good luck today! I hope it goes well.

Anonymous said...

I hope everything went well - you should be home by now resting comfortably!