Monday, May 12, 2008

We're Almost There!

This morning I had yet another blood test and ultrasound to check on how those growing follicles are doing. The ultrasound showed the same total number of follicles (18 - 11 on the right and 7 on the left) with the lead follicles measuring at 14mm, 16mm, and 18mm. So it looks like they're still growing. Dr. says that I'm almost ready and that tomorrow may be the day to trigger. He checked my uterine lining while he was in there and it measured at about 11mm which I gather is good. After receiving my blood test results, I was instructed to start taking 16mg of Medrol in addition to the 0.5mg of Dexamethasone I've been taking nightly and hopefully what will be the last vial of that wretched Menopur. The only injection I will need to give myself tomorrow morning will be 5 units of Lupron. Once they get tomorrow's blood test results (yes, another one) and have a look at my growing follicles, they will be able to determine if tomorrow night will be my lucky trigger night or if we will wait one more day. At any rate, I'm hoping those 14 and 16mm catch up with the 18mm ones so we can have a huge egg raid on egg retrieval day.

No comments: